- Lynson on Preschool: The Answer to Los Angeles’s Academic Troubles?
- Kimberly on Preschool: The Answer to Los Angeles’s Academic Troubles?
- Becky Shaw on A neighborhood icon survives the swirl of urban change
- poop on Olvera Street and the urbanization of Los Angeles
- Jacqueline Vargas on Former Fremont High teachers join charter school movement
Author Archives: mybobadi
In years past, the space in and around Olvera Street –including the main plaza, the Pico House and the old Plaza church– have been the go-to spot for Angelenos looking to celebrate Cinco de Mayo commemorating the Mexican victory over … Continue reading
This week’s post comes by way of a downtown photo adventure. Armed with historic photos of the area in and around Los Angeles’ historic core, I set out to recreate several of them amid the city’s bustling modernity. As it … Continue reading
Across the street and a little to the left stands a stuffed burro, one of Olvera Street’s more kitschy photo ops. Across the street and to the right, a film crew sets up lighting as they prepare to shoot a … Continue reading
First of a three-part series about Olvera Street and Los Angeles’ rise as an urban center By all respects, it is nothing more than an alley, a narrow cobblestone corridor tucked away amid some of Los Angeles’ more imposing architectural … Continue reading